CO Report June 2016
Posted on Wed Jun 29th, 2016 @ 12:21pm by Ryoko Takato
=/\=USS Tornado-C Monthly Report=/\=
=/\= CONTENTS =/\=
1. Command Address
2. Ship Information
3. Quotes of the week
4. Personnel Information
1. =/\= USS Tornado-C Command Address =/\=
This month we might have lost a few due personal interest conflicts, yet we gained strong back out of it. The crew
has shown yet again a solid hand in working together and creating much of their own character developments of who
and what the characters they present are.
2. =/\= SIM INFORMATION =/\=
The USS Tornado has only just been repaired and lost its newly promoted First Officer as it gets assigned to investigation duties.
Klingon Rogues have might more going on behind the scenes than what it is presented by the visable eye. Ryoko is forced to
assign new structure in her command and gives Lieutenant Oakley her shot to First Officer and Caradan as Second Officer. This
with the idea to get things stable again.
The ship had enough interaction on various fronts of character development between members on the vessel. From the new Counselor
entering the ship towards the new First Officer in conflicts with Shae that commited the attack on the Tornado of previous mission. Captain
Takato that is struggling with her recovering and taking back command out of duty rather out of health. But also Lieutenant Martin
and Caradan sparring about the new frontiers of technology.
While the ship arrives in the system where the station is found, the away team gets beamed over to only find a ghost town of hurry moving party.
In the mean time Tornado bridge crew finds out that the station has been forcefully moved and it was actually in its finished moments of being
cleaned out. The chance that the person that was preforming the work would return was getting bigger with every clue they found there.
As the away team finds quickly out that certain items were not in their place, from a unknown power source towards cargo that was in negative dates.
Tornado fear came true as a Vor'Cha class jumps into the sector and warns the Tornado to leave or die with no mercy shown. Ryoko choices to
use the age of the HoD (Captain) against him and provokes him to give the station more time. In the mean time the away team gets to deal with
various situations presented to them. They are dealing with a station that is falling apart due the shots already fired by the enemy vessel
and invading forces on the station to clean them out. Tornado receives damage but manage to trick the Vor'Cha in their own pride and uses
a direct shot to break their wing making them inmobile and give the Tornado the edge to save the away team and warp safely away while the
outpost finally explodes in full brute force.
The new however gets received to late by Starfleet Command, Cestus and Canterra systems have fallen towards the Gorn invasion force. Xavier
Fleet Yards is damage and Tornado is order back towards neutral zone.
3. =/\= QUOTES =/\=
"I don't have time for him right now or his problems. I have the problems of this crew to deal with " ~ Lieutenant Laurel Oakley MD
""No. You asked permission, and I granted it. And frankly, they need something other than each other to think about. The way things
have been, the risk of a mutiny is high, and people distrusting each other is not helping matters." ~ 1st Lieutenant Meera Deloria
"That's not how the 'friend card' works, and you know it. The second you said 'If the friendship means anything to you', it goes both
ways. You can't threaten to kill me and turn around and play the friendship game, it simply doesn't work like that. You feel betrayed,
I get that, but if our friendship did mean anything to you then you should have at least tried to approach me like friend. That's not
to say you couldn't be angry, but friends don't threaten to force feed their friends little Changeling bugs as a death sentence. Who
we are as people is defined by how we act when things get bad, because it's easy to be a good person when everything is sunshine and
rainbows. Well, you've shown me what kind of a person you really are..." ~ Lieutenant JG Kalin 'Shae' Brennan
"That's not how I teach you to operate, that is not how expected you all to react . Yes I am disappointed in you, but at the same
time proud to see this ship not ripped to shreds...." "I want people to understand, to believe again in this crew. Work together
and walk through the corridor as friends and coworkers" ~ Captain Ryoko Takato
4. =/\= PERSONNEL INFORMATION =/\=
=/\= New Arrivals =/\=
Lieutenant JG Carter (Armitan) Martin
Ensign Rocko Pekk
Lieutenant JG Zepht
Lieutenant JG Ziara Rrareth
Lieutenant JG Ciara Odette
Ensign Andrew Lake
=/\= Promotions/Reassignment =/\=
Lieutenant JG Scott Erickson reassigned towards Chief Intelligence Officer
=/\= Awards =/\=
- The Gorn Connection ribbon/award
- Purple Heart sustaining injuries and severe discomfort whilst on the Klingon away mission as she was caught in a fire and faced either death by fire or my oxygen deprivation as fire suppression systems sought to out the fire through neutralized air.
- Lifesaving Medal for her actions within the Klingon Depot Away Mission (“Klingon Home Depot”, “Uninvited”, “One Shot is All it Takes”). If it was not for her quick thinking and situational assessment, her and Lieutenant Meera Deloria might not have survived the away mission. This recommendation includes Kalin’s continued attempt to look after and care for Meera even after they were transported to safety.
- Captain's Choice for the depth of her character that conflicted in her own principles and yet doing it for her daughter even knowning what will happen to her. The strong character development that was shown in many tearful joint post of anger, pain and willing to understand was perfectly translated by Monoui in many post.
– Combat Medal for taking on Klingons during the away mission to the point where a reader could easily get sucked in and not only see through Cara's eyes but also feel the emotions she was was going through in these tense moments. The writing was spot on and quite believable for a combat post.
– Treknology Award for participation in the mission “The Gorn Connection” on the Bridge, for providing and applying treknobabble in the posts as well as presenting excellent trek knowledge in times of need.
– Newcomer Award for her willingness to just throw herself into the mix of a pretty crucial mission that saw the transition and change of command staff and getting the character of Gendaylii involved in the mission regardless of being new of being the Ship's Counselor.
- Vulcan Order of Science for his imagination in creating the MoBes, devices meant for remote and/or automated repair work to include a wide range of pre-installed repair scenarios.
Laurel Oakley MD
- NPC Award for Patch Gunnunderson and his willingness to interact with others. Though the NPC was created to fill a position which has now been filled by another writer, I see Patch as continuing to be an integral member of the crew.
- Character / Plot Development Award for outing the plot development of Oakley’s previous marriage which almost lead to a child. That jaw-dropping scenario followed up with concise writing deserves the Plot Development Award.
- Recruitment Award for bringing members towards the USS Tornado
-Combat Medal for her Ship-to-Ship combat with a Klingon Bird of Prey and her use of the crew in its entirety to get the job done and to fly away more or less in good shape.
-Grankite Order of Tactics for creating perfect alternated way to deal with the Vor'Cha class vessel.
-Character Development / Plot Award because of his consistent positing in the away team post and for working on his own and with others in developing his character, Scott has started to really take some shape and stand out brilliantly as a member of the crew.
=/\= Removed / Resigned =/\=
Lieutenant JG Liam Harrison (Resigned)
Lieutenant Commander Tyler Vorran (Resigned)
Lieutenant Catherine Rhodes (Resigned)
Category: Sim Announcement