Welcome to the USS Tornado!
Ambush at RaQ'Al System
Suvlu'taHvIS yapbe' HoS neH ~ Klingon Honor Guard
(Brute strength is not the most important asset in a fight.)
USS Tornado is one of few Rhode Island classes in service of Starfleet and assigned towards Task Force 93 in Bravo Fleet. Its primary mission is divided into tasks of science, diplomacy, and exploration of the unknown. But in the tracks of the evolving story, the crew of the Tornado gets unwillingly forced into investigations of temporal incidents or anomalies.
With Providence Fleet Yards as its home base, Tornado operates on diplomatic matters at the Klingon border or investigate new and unknown scientific discoveries. The year is 2388 and there is an unwilling adventure awaiting the crew of the USS Tornado. Join us and help to uncover or discover the unknown!
We are proud supporters of Deadpool,SWA and LGBT community, to bring back that little joy into your life!
Latest News Items
Posted on Tue Jan 30th, 2018 @ 6:01pm by Lieutenant Caradan Eunidas in General News
I took the time to compile mission posts and personal logs, from way back when til now, into novelized formats.
In the case that you want to keep a record of our journeys, from even before you may have been a part of it, take a look at the links below.
Walking with Grace
Portal of Chronos
We Will Rock You
The Gorn Connection
The Three Sisters
Posted on Tue Jan 23rd, 2018 @ 4:19pm by Commander Aki Shagdac in Out of Character
It is with great pleasure to welcome Lieutenant JG Natalia Parrino played by Beeman. An experienced player that has some great weight in simming. Lieutenant JG Natalia Parrino will be added towards our Intelligence department and shall be the assistance of our own Erickson!
Again welcome towards the Tornado!
Cmdr Aki Shagdac
Posted on Wed Apr 12th, 2017 @ 8:57am by Commander Aki Shagdac in Out of Character
Goood morning, afternoon or evening Captains,
The first result of our questionnaire is already taking shape and that is the Committee Canon for TF93. This group will focus on editing/adding or even proposing a new story arc towards the Task Force. This group purely volunteers and open for all TF93 members (both Captains and their Players. So if you wish to give your opinion about improving a story of the TF? Or want to propose that awesome idea you have? Then this is your chance!
Rear Admiral Anin
Task Force Commanding Officer
Task Force 93
Posted on Sat Dec 17th, 2016 @ 6:48pm by Ryoko Takato in Out of Character
A message from Ongoing Worlds, the RPG branch that represents the RPG world in their weekly blogs of changes, newcomers and tips! Lets participate in this as well!!
Tis’ the end of the year! Which means it’s impossible to take a step around here without stumbling across someone trying to hand out an award.
And guess what? I'm pleased to announce the Simming Prizes are now accepting nominations, which you can submit by going here. The deadline for nominations is January 7.
So what are the Simming Prizes? Well those of us at the Prizes like to think of them as the Nobel Prizes of the simming and play-by-post online role-playing community. (We have a healthy ego!) By this, we mean the Prizes are intended to honor people & organizations that have made significant contributions to our collective gaming community. We are not in the business of evaluating and finding the best sim of the year (we leave that task to our able friends at the Tournament of Simulations).
More to read on: http://www.ongoingworlds.com/blog/2016/12/simming-prize-nomination-season/#more-679418
Commander Aki Shagdac
Posted on Wed Dec 14th, 2016 @ 5:45pm by Ryoko Takato in Sim Announcement
Good day folks!
While the Locking Horns came to an abrupt ending due changes that were not really to be prevented. I have to say I am pretty proud of everyone that did their fair share to make a good ending of it. After this announcement is received by you, the Command team will be working as fast as they can to get the second season up and running. It will play a two months after the events and we are nearing the year switch of 2388.
Onto the fun part for me and hopefully you!
Dedication Citation: 6 Months
- Lieutenant Kalin 'Shae' Brennan PhD
- Gendaylii Liaynore
- Lieutenant JG Zepht
- Ryoko/Elena - For their relationship only to be ripped apart as Ryoko surrendered herself.
- Caradan/Mindo - For their encounters to finally make them both begin to understand the concept of coupling.
- Ivy Sharzin's NPC (Crewman Ward) - As he was utilized greatly in the bringing aboard, nursing to health, and introduction of Ivy Sharzin.
- Ziara Rrareth - For her pilotting skills on top of space and warp field mechanics in "Impossible Odds"
Character / Plot Development Award
- Lieutenant Mindo - For his tragic and painful plot of hardship, endurance, and ultimate rebound that was played out all mission long, thus ending in "Truth Revealed".
Medal of Collaboration
- Laurel Oakley (Patch Gunnunderson), Caradan Eunidas (Bradford Keselowsky), Ziara & Riaan Rrareth, Valok Larel, Cailus Griffin, Elena Reis, Mindo, Ivy SHarzin (Peter Ward), Zepht for their collaboration in bringing Ivy Sharzin into the fold in "Not Seeing This Everyday", "A Floral Rescue Pts. 1-3"
- Ivy Sharzin - Though we have yet to actually and formally meet said character, the four posts already existing was written exceptionally well and paints an accurate representation of how to handle new and unknown lifeforms upon a First Contact event.
- Laurel Oakley - For the messy away mission to the Ferengi ship, engaging hostility from among the Ferengi crew, and for returning with all her personnel.
Distinguished Service Medal
- Ryoko Takato - For surrendering and possibly sacrificing herself to the Sovereignty of Kahless in return for the salvation and peaceful departure of her ship and crew in "Impossible Odds."
- Dana Sutherland - For her injuries and battle for life ensuing from the away mission aboard the Ferengi ship.
Zephram Cochrane Medal of Discovery
- Ivy Sharzin (Peter Ward) - For the discovery of Ivy Sharzin, a vegetation-based sentient lifeform that is now be nursed to health.
- Lieutenant Mindo - For being overly active in multitudinous Joint Posts covering an array of topics and not just his own extended plot arc.
- Kalin 'Shae' Brennan - Though the incoming XO and Lieutenant Brennan did not share as many JPs this mission, the incoming XO still regards her writing and plot development as exceptional. Great reads.
Writing Proficiency Ribbon
- Caradan Eunidas (Not a fan of nominating myself but if the CO agrees, then so be it) - For continuing her own extended plot arc whilst dropping hints and puzzle pieces for others to pick up and deduce things. Also, for contributing to the plot arcs of others whilst simultaneously improving her own.
With the news that RJ has chosen to step down as First Officer, there are some changes that will affect the USS Tornado in Command structure!
- Laurel Oakley -> Chief Diplomatic Officer
- Caradan Eunidas -> First Officer
- Elena Reis -> Tactical Officer/Second Officer
- Mindo -> Chief Engineering Officer
Congratulations towards everyone that received an award and/or a new position! If you are not one of the people that has not received any award, don't worry you have enough opportunities next mission!
Latest Mission Posts
Scott sat quietly in his office while he listed to the hum of the main computer computer working on some of his deeper complicated searches. He had placed his leg on top of his desk and his arms behind his head.
Just as he was starting to dose off, his…
The Klingon station orbited the planet. Around the station was an armada of Imperial vessels evenly matched against an armada of Sovereignty vessels. The odd one in the bunch was a lone Federation vessel; the U.S.S. Tornado.
Aboard the station was much commerce and merry-making; the type of merry-making Klingons…
Following the initial gathering of scientists, the different groups separated into different labs or areas of the department. Greyfield, Sharzin, and Ran found themselves in an alcove with a console and large video screen.
Ivy looked to the Warrent Officer as she was the senior officer of the group, and…
With her thoughts swimming, forming and reforming as to how to handle the situation of two Mindos, Caradan needed some respite. Returning to her quarters would prove no good as she would only continue thinking. And, in all this turmoil, Caradan realized she had committed a grave sin. She had…
Caradan did not want much fanfare and wanted to endure only minimal goodbyes. It really was not goodbye as she full intentions on returning. As she had worked out her plan on her own she also worked out the two goodbyes she decided she would endure. Caradan would let Riaan…
Latest Personal Logs
Posted on Thu Feb 8th, 2018 @ 5:24pm by Petty Officer 3rd Class Taru Eclipse
Finally aboard the renowned Tornado, big day tomorrow as I shall have to run a training course in order to find out who is applicable for further gun training or carrying...
Posted on Wed Jan 25th, 2017 @ 4:44pm by Ensign Stanislaw Wisniewski
Personal log of Stanislaw Wisniewski.
I have finally transferred to the U.S.S. Tornado after a brief encounter with some of the crew, whom I found reasonably personable. I sincerely hope that I will not find reason to re-assess that evaluation during my service.
Upon arrival I was shown to my…
Posted on Sat Jan 7th, 2017 @ 8:33am by Lieutenant JG Scott Erickson
Computer code log with Erickson-Beta-2 Command.
Computer begin log.
Today has been a rough day. I haven't had a change to exercise with to many things on my mind. I am not sure when things will cool down again. The latest intelligence dump I got when I arrived back to…
Posted on Sun Jan 1st, 2017 @ 7:59am by Ivy Sharzin
Ivy sat down at the desk and activated the console, "Computer. Begin recording personal log."
After the translator spoke the words in English the computer responded and activated the text screen and stated, "Begin Log Entry".
Ivy paused for a moment to get her thoughts together. This had worked well…
Posted on Thu Dec 29th, 2016 @ 10:04pm by Ivy Sharzin
Ivy Sharzin held a large PADD in her viney hands. They were not yet well defined, but she had been trying different things. She tapped a button and said, "Computer, begin Journal entry."
A chime came from the PADD, it replied, "Begin recording."
With confirmation that the Universal Translator was…